- TECHNICAL PROGRAMME SPECIALIST
Clowns Without Borders South Africa is recruiting a full-time Technical Programme Specialist to join our dynamic team supporting the dissemination of the Parenting Lifelong Health (PLH) parenting programmes in sub-Saharan Africa and internationally.
Job location: Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, with international travel.
Duration: 14th Jan 2019 with a 1-year full-time contract (renewable subject to performance/funding).
Remuneration: R 30 000 per month (depending on experience).
Deadline: 9th of November 2018 (4pm South African time).
- Responsible for technical and programmatic management.
- Management of staff including country coordinators.
- Periodic monitoring of PLH programme delivery progress and quality of scale up, including field visits to supervise, coordinate and monitor field level activities under their portfolio.
- Building capacity and supporting partners in planning, implementing and sustaining the programme, including the creation of relevant tools to support implementation.
- Timely preparation, production and submission of all reports.
- Represent PLH in meetings and act as spokesperson in various platforms including with other NGOs, government officials, institutions, corporates, major donors, etc.
- Liaise with the PLH research group, and, in particular, the University of Oxford research team on scientific matters regarding PLH 10-17 and PLH 2-9.
- Any other duties related to PLH for Kids and Teens and other CWBSA programmes as required.
- Minimum of Master’s degree in relevant area (or similar experience).
- At least 5 years’ experience of project/programme management.
- Previous experience of managing projects with multi-partners and government donors such as USAID.
- Experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Desirable, previous experience working with parenting programmes.
- Desirable, ability to speak and write in French or Kiswahili.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent project management skills, as well as budgeting and monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Fast learner, analytical and critical thinker.
- Strong written skills in English with proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to find work independently.
- Conversant with culturally diverse teams and partners as well as able to work with physically dispersed team members.
- Able to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Driver’s license.
- Right to work in South Africa
If you are interested in applying, please send an email with the subject entitled “PLH Technical Programme Specialist” to Ms.Nomagugu Masuku-Mukadah firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are required to submit a written sample along with a resume and personal statement in the form of a cover letter describing in detail how you meet the skills and qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
CWBSA reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found. While CWBSA thanks all interested applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.