Clowns Without Borders South Africa (http://cwbsa.org) is recruiting Trainers to join our dynamic team.
Place within the organisation: Report directly to the Master Trainer
Job location: Based in South Africa – international/national travel for trainings.
Start Date: Starting mid- February 2019 (project based position)
Remuneration: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Deadline: 31st of December 2018. Interviews will only start end of January 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Clowns Without Borders South Africa (CWBSA) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to raising awareness and improving the psychosocial wellbeing of children, families, and communities in areas of crisis and adversity. The key portfolios of CWBSA are, firstly to develop creative artistic interventions such as interactive performances to shift attitudes and mobilise, as well as provide laughter to children and families, and secondly to provide technical assistance and capacity-building in the implementation and scale up of Parenting for Lifelong Health programmes for Children (age 2-9 years old) and Adolescents (age 10-18) for partner agencies, to reduce the risk of violence against children and improve child wellbeing in low- and middle-income countries.
The Trainers will train professional facilitators, caregivers and adolescents in the Parenting for Lifelong Health programmes.
The responsibilities of the Trainers include:
· Complete successful training in the Parenting for Lifelong Health programmes.
· Deliver trainings for professional facilitators nationally and internationally.
· Deliver trainings for caregivers and adolescents nationally and internationally.
· Manage coaching sessions with trained facilitators.
· Manage all reporting and relevant M&E linked to trainings.
· Keep up to date on new trends, methodologies in child protection, HIV, parenting and other relevant issues.
· Review training manuals and materials.
· Represent the programmes and the organisation.
· 5-10 years’ experience in leading trainings and facilitation.
· Degree in social work, social development, child protection, psychology or similar.
· Previous experience in training of professional social workers, counsellors and/or non-profit professionals.
· Commitment to the non-profit sector.
· Pref. previous experience of parenting programmes.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and written skills in English.
· Desirable: Good communication skills in second language.
· Ability to work both as part of a team and independently using one’s own initiative
· Excellent organisational and time management skills.
· Excellent intercultural skills and experience working with diverse cultures both within SA and internationally.
· Right to work in South Africa and a Valid driver’s license.
Please send an email with the subject entitled “Trainer” to email@example.com by the 31st of December 2018. Applications must include 1) CV, 2) Motivational Letter. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CWBSA reserves the right not to make an appointment if a suitable candidate cannot be found. While CWBSA thanks all interested applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act