Children being children again.
Clowns Without Borders enables children and families to play, laugh, and create through the arts.
We strive to build relationships based on trust and respect, and a sense of playfulness and creativity.
Community based organisations that provide support to children and families affected by crisis.
Children and families
Our Core Principle:
Clowns Without Borders uses arts based interventions to provide psychosocial support to children and families affected by crisis
a) The organisation’s main objectives are to:
– Improve the psychosocial wellbeing of children and communities affected by crisis in Africa and around the world through humour and laughter.
– Raise the awareness domestically and internationally about conditions encountered in areas of crisis.
– Provide professional development and empowerment opportunities to local artists to create self-supporting and sustainable community structures.
– Maintain a spirit of creativity, play, humour, joy, peace, compassion, and loving kindness in all our endeavours.
b) The organisation’s secondary objectives will be to:
– Target the most vulnerable children and communities, not only children orphaned by HIV/AIDS, violence, and poverty but all affected.
– Support and encourage existing community based organizations that provide support to children and their caregivers.
– Collaborate with cultural and social organizations on the community, regional, national, and international level.
– Deepen our understanding of the capacity of laughter and theatre arts education to improve the psychosocial wellbeing of affected children and caregivers.
– Provide positive reinforcement of social values that promote peace, diversity, gender and racial equality, and cultural identity.